This notice was published and becomes effective on April 28, 2019.
Your privacy is important to us. Please review the following carefully. It is Stouq’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting personally identifiable information you may provide us through the Website. This Privacy Notice applies only to information we collect through the Website and does not apply to our collection of information from other sources. Depending on your activities when visiting our Website, you may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use this website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on the site. We only disclose logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
- Your Rights
Request confidential communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will consider all reasonable requests, and must say “yes” if you tell us you would be in danger if we do not.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for payment or our operations.
- We will consider all reasonable requests, but we are not required to do so.
Copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
- Your Choices
In these cases, we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
- Marketing purposes
- Sale of your information
Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
- Run our organization
- Help with public health and safety issues
- Do research
- Comply with the law
- Respond to organ and tissue donation requests and work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can use your health information and share it with professionals who are treating you.
We can use and disclose your information to run our organization and contact you when necessary.
We can use and disclose your health information as we pay for your health services.
We may disclose your health information to your health plan sponsor for plan administration.
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes.
Public Health and Safety Issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
We can use or share your information for health research. We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
3. Our Responsibilities
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
830 West Route 22 #119
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
You can file a privacy complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.